jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is your best tip for raising a successful child?

1. rclinton5280 profile image76
    rclinton5280posted 6 years ago

What is your best tip for raising a successful child?

I am the father of a beautiful little girl. I do my best for her, and would like to compare my ideas with those in this community. I have found the majority of you to be good at heart, so I welcome your input.

2. Melis Ann profile image93
    Melis Annposted 6 years ago

The absolute most important thing for her to have is self-confidence and self-worth. Give her praise that is specific to what you are proud of and have open discussions about the topic in general.

3. starstream profile image78
    starstreamposted 6 years ago

I believe that encouraging the imagination and playful spirit in young children is most important second to spending time and sharing quality time together. I was allowed to make mud pies in the back yard at age 4.  Freedom of enjoying a safe outdoor environment is a great memory.

4. appandey profile image65
    appandeyposted 6 years ago

What needs to make a successful child? Just a few simple steps which are covered in this hub. read more

5. profile image0
    AlienWednesdayposted 6 years ago

Remember that your child lives through you. So the decisions and reactions you have will stay with that child for possibly the rest of their life.

6. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

honesty. to me nothing is more important then letting your child know that no matter what happens, honesty is the best way to be. also showing them that they can do what they want in life is important. don't give them that destiny crap religious people preach about because then you are being dishonest.

7. that one girl profile image78
    that one girlposted 6 years ago

So. How to best raise a successful child? Engage in authoritative parenting. Basically, there are four recognized types of parenting styles, which are as follows:

Uninvolved read more