jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you have a favorite one among your children?

1. LaThing profile image73
    LaThingposted 6 years ago

Do you have a favorite one among your children?

Or do you treat all of the the same? Assuming you have children!

2. ZIa Ahmed khan profile image77
    ZIa Ahmed khanposted 6 years ago

Yes, I treat all of them equal always. When ever I buy anything, it will always be for every one, almost same price tag. For all other things we do make any difference between them.

3. poowool5 profile image83
    poowool5posted 6 years ago

Well, one of them is a way better athlete, smarter, better-looking, and generally  more gifted than the others, so naturally we prefer him. But the others are fair back-up.
    I jest, of course. With their very different personalities, and rare and unique qualities, every one of our children draw from us a  powerful and unconditional love. I think you can feel differently about each of your children as you do each of your other family members or friends. But I would never favor one over another. Ever.

4. Monisajda profile image74
    Monisajdaposted 6 years ago

I don't treat them the same because they have different needs. I love them the same and give them what they need exactly. If one needs to have a time to herself to read a book I will let her do so and the other one may need me to read a book to her so I will oblige. I feel sometimes more love towards one of them and then the next day it changes and I feel that special feeling towards the other. Generally I don't have a favorite child. I shower them with love and they know, even though they are only 5 and 8, that I love one as much as the other one

5. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 6 years ago

No, but if I did, I would never let it show. It breeds resentment. I have to deal with that anyway. One feels that I let the other get away with more. The other one feels that I was stricter with him. Not true if I could help it. One did seem to go out of his way to tick me off but that was for attention.

6. susanna NY profile image60
    susanna NYposted 6 years ago

There is a Russian saying(or so I think it Russian) If someone cut off a finger and you had a choice would you be able you pick one? If you cut one the other fingers feel the pain and so every finger had its one finger print its own reason.