jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What are some easy ways to teach your children manners?

1. Turtlewoman profile image94
    Turtlewomanposted 6 years ago

What are some easy ways to teach your children manners?

2. MimiKat33 profile image76
    MimiKat33posted 6 years ago

Children learn by example, doing, and repetition.  You consistently remind your child to say thank you, your welcome; whatever the occasion calls for.  And you in turn consistently say the same back to the child when they do something for you.  Learn by example I would say is the best way to teach your children.

3. Dina Blaszczak profile image91
    Dina Blaszczakposted 6 years ago

Parent's behaviour is the best example and children always follow it.  So if you naturally have good manners and use it within your family, your child will pick it up automatically. 
    However it won't hart to remind your child if he/she forgets from time to time about good manners wink

4. Catzgendron profile image73
    Catzgendronposted 6 years ago

The best way to teach them is to show them by example .. parents are the first teachers ..

5. Monisajda profile image76
    Monisajdaposted 6 years ago

By being a good role model. I didn't insist that they say thank you or please when they were younger but instead I always said it myself. Soon enough they were copying me and learnt that way.

6. roxanne459 profile image89
    roxanne459posted 6 years ago

I agree with the other answers, definitely lead by example. That and, practice, practice, practice! smile

7. the girls profile image81
    the girlsposted 6 years ago

From my experience, teaching my child good manners is by example. Regardless of what I say to them, they will still act the way I do in the end.