jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is the most important lesson you feel you need to teach your children?

1. wayseeker profile image91
    wayseekerposted 6 years ago

What is the most important lesson you feel you need to teach your children?

2. beezico profile image80
    beezicoposted 6 years ago

This is a pretty hard one as there are so many virtue lessons to hand to posterity. But a great way to start is teaching the lesson of love as opposed to hate.

3. FreezeFrame34 profile image76
    FreezeFrame34posted 6 years ago

The most important lesson a parent can teach their child is to appreciate others' differences. You don't always have to agree with someone else, but you need to listen and not be judgmental; we all are different because God made us that way.

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

I find teaching my children to realize 'bad behaviors' of others doesn't give them rights to follow suit. Stand up to help others and self  has given them pride and confidence since they learned it earns respect and friendships.

5. Beata Stasak profile image83
    Beata Stasakposted 6 years ago

As a teacher and a mother as well, I have a feeling that our children are becoming too cocooned from the first signs of physical as well as emotional discomfort. Maybe we are not doing our children any favours by protecting them so much.
    I would like to hear your opinions on my hub, where I explore this important question more deeply...

6. Beata Stasak profile image83
    Beata Stasakposted 6 years ago

this famous fairytale
    teaches us
    about a delicate girl
    whose famous physical sensitivity
    stretches to feeling
    a pea
    under twenty mattrasses,
    and everyone
    is running around
    to protect
    her
    from the first sign
    of physical... read more

7. ripplemaker profile image86
    ripplemakerposted 6 years ago

One of the most important lessons that we can teach our kids is kindness. Kindness is love in action. Here are random acts of kindness ideas for kids with lots of adult participation. read more

8. sankari.nayagam profile image80
    sankari.nayagamposted 6 years ago

Have you ever thought what makes your morning special everyday? Well, it is not any big news that you have won a lottery, but the small things like a good coffee, a smiling face, and some positive words. Have you ever thought why you get stressed... read more

9. profile image0
    Starmom41posted 5 years ago

that the decisions you make and actions you take today will determine your future.

working