jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should couples be banned from adopting children overseas?

1. LailaK profile image76
    LailaKposted 6 years ago

Should couples be banned from adopting children overseas?

2. Catzgendron profile image72
    Catzgendronposted 6 years ago

NO!!  Sometimes that the only chance those children will have to living a good life

3. breastpumpreviews profile image82
    breastpumpreviewsposted 6 years ago

Some people go through great lengths to have a child and from what I understand it is very difficult to adopt a child in the states.  So why not give these couples the chance of a lifetime and let them adopt a child from overseas.  Those children deserve to be loved and taken care of just as if the couple had their own biological child.

4. VirginiaLynne profile image97
    VirginiaLynneposted 6 years ago

We have two daughters adopted from China and three birth children also.  I expected when we adopted that we would be one of the only families who already had children but I was very wrong.  About 75% of the adoptive parents I know already have one or more children.  They adopt because they have room in their hearts and home for more children and feel that it is a good idea to give a home to a child who doesn't have one.  There are a lot of international and U.S. regulations aimed to make sure the kids who are adopted are not going to get a home any other way.  Of course all regulations can fail sometimes, but having gone through the process of adoption, I can certainly tell you that it is not an easy one and not one that everyone could pass.  When countries have policies which allow adoption to take place within a country then that is probably best.  However, as long as there are children needing a home and people who are willing to give them a home, the adoptions should be allowed to continue.

working