jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Do you believe in spanking a child?

1. sholland10 profile image94
    sholland10posted 6 years ago

Do you believe in spanking a child?

Not beating... If not, please explain.  If so, what are the guidelines you have placed on yourself and your child?

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago

We don't spank our kids.  The reason is simple.  It's never OK to hit another person.  That's what we teach them.  We use other techniques for disciplining our kids.  My favorite is making them spend time with us when the misbehave.

1. profile image51
      pinapple123posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good on you. Enough with the spankers.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

No we didn't spank our kids.  When they were toddlers they may have gotten a swat on the bottom but that stopped one day when I realized I was not trying to teach her anything, I swatted her bottom because I was angry.

We never had any trouble with our kids and they grew up to be wonderful, loving, productive people.

I don't believe in spanking because I don't think that causing a small child pain in order for me to get my point across is right.  It just seems so barbaric and offers huge potential for abuse.

4. PurvisBobbi44 profile image83
    PurvisBobbi44posted 6 years ago

No! I do not believe in spanking and I have six nephews who visited me often.
    I do not believe in speaking in a loud voice to correct a child.

I always told my nephews if I had to speak to them twice---they would be going home, because they came out to have a good time, and I excepted good manners from them.

And I never had to take one home, and they are such great adults now. And they remember how their Aunt Bobbi never screamed or spanked them, only hugged and kissed them.

5. profile image51
    pinapple123posted 4 years ago

Do you believe in spanking your spouse, or being spanked by him?