jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are there any benefits to putting a child in daycare?

1. peeples profile image96
    peeplesposted 6 years ago

Are there any benefits to putting a child in daycare?

2. profile image71
    win-winresourcesposted 6 years ago

Hi Peeples-

Socialization and chicken pox.   And don't forget, free time for mom.

-DW

3. Made profile image60
    Madeposted 6 years ago

The children in daycare learn how to act in a group of people and that they need to wait for their turn. My children's day care are very good at activating the kids. For example in the winters they are skiing and ice skating. They also go on different excursions and picnics. The children make new friends, which is more important the older they get. Daycare is great for my children. I would not be that creative and do that many things with my children if I was a stay at home mom.

4. FreezeFrame34 profile image76
    FreezeFrame34posted 6 years ago

Yes, there are a lot of benefits to putting a child in daycare.

First, they will learn to respect other adults, besides their parents/ grandparents.

Secondly, they will learn from other children. They will be able to socialize, help each other, learn to appreciate others' differences; they will learn to wait their turn and how to be patient. They will learn there are consequences for their actions.

Not all daycares are equal, and just because one costs more, doesn't mean it's better. Evaluate all of your options, and find the one that works best for your family. Make sure you take a tour of the facility, meet the caregivers, and most importantly, you feel comfortable leaving your child in their care.

5. danajconnelly profile image70
    danajconnellyposted 6 years ago

Depends on the program. Some day care centers are "family run" meaning someone has converted their home to accommodate various age groups. Many parents feel that putting a child in day care promotes illness and this can be the case for some children but I'd like to emphasize "some". I put my son in daycare at the age of 2 in a program i was pleased with and could afford. As a child myself I didn't start school until kindergarten and remember feeling anxious (only part -time by the way). I say once they can walk in addition to commanding our attention, start them in some sort of structured play setting.

working