jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How does a professional woman manage the balancing act between family , kids and

1. snigdhal profile image60
    snigdhalposted 5 years ago

How does a professional woman manage the balancing act between family , kids and work ?

One cannot do two things well twenty-four / seven ! So should women just pick one and sacrifice the other instead of being called a poor employee or a bad mother/wife ?

2. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
    Shahid Bukhariposted 5 years ago

My wife is an Expert at it ...

Because, she simultaneously manages her job, kids and the "above-signed" ... most effectively ... 24/7 ... 365 days a year ... and has been doing it now for over twenty- five years !

She is a senior Educationist ... did her  Diploma from Strathclyde, Scotland ...  ten years after our marriage ... we ... have three kids who obviously grew up as all kids do ... in due course of time ... and a grandchild ...   

The "Principle" of her success, in my reckoning, is ...
    "Manage the Anchor" ... what in our family's case happens to be the Husband ... me ... once thats done ... All your other "Managings" will automatically follow suit !

Balancing, is ones Learning, to Balance, ones Act/s ... It comes with Patience ... one learns ... just as a child learns ... in due course of time ...

3. samister profile image59
    samisterposted 5 years ago

Hello Dear
    I think you need to read this hub which is related to your question.
    Balancing Celebrity Life-

4. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 5 years ago

Don't give in to the pressure to be a workaholic and work 50-70 hours a week. Don't be a perfectionist at home - and do delegate housework to your spouse. Don't sign up for every project, every volunteer activity - say no to ensure you have time for what truly matters.

5. Millionaire Tips profile image93
    Millionaire Tipsposted 5 years ago

Try these tips to  find the balance between climbing the career ladder in a professional career while you are also trying to maintain a happy home and family life at the same time. read more

6. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years ago

It would take an EXCEPTIONAL woman to pull this off. But, how long she can do it is another question.

I think that 99% of the career women cannot balance career and family life effectively because there are numerous casualties across the board (broken homes, divorce, troubled youth, mental stress, infidelity, unhappy marriages).

I also think that women who think they are pulling it off, may be pulling the wool over their own eyes. The best judges of this juggling routine are her children, husband, and employer. I would tend to think that the "professional" woman gives her very best to her employer first and her family gets what is left over, and it's usually her husband that gets the crumbs that fall to the floor...if he even gets that much.

So, if she needs to "slack" off a bit and redirect her stress  or even unload emotionally - it will be done at home and there is just too much evidence to even argue the point.

According to the U.S. Census report released in (2006), mothers only spent 15 more minutes each day with their children during the work-week than their husbands did (on average). Now consider that over 10 million American children come home from school to an empty house every day of the week, and the plot thickens.

Then, throw in all the Prozac and other mind-altering drugs many of these women take in order to cope with it all, and I think the picture is quite clear.

So, how does a professional woman manage the balancing act between family and work? Well, in most cases, not very well.