jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What Challenges do people face when going from a Working Professional to a Stay

1. J.S.Matthew profile image83
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

What Challenges do people face when going from a Working Professional to a Stay At Home Parent?

2. BigSerious profile image94
    BigSeriousposted 6 years ago

autonomy. so hard. it feels lost and it's difficult to get it back in a healthy way without feeling stress or guilt. working out helps; parent groups with other stay at home parents; social networking; and really trying to maintain calm and peace. definitely challenging, definitely worth it (of course) - but i wouldn't change this. I do have to say, the first two years were the hardest for me. A big transition.

3. lorlie6 profile image82
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

Hi J.S.Matthew,
    I was a full-time grad student at the time I had to make this decision.  I became pregnant with my only child, a son.  I was terribly close to getting my Master's degree, but I had only the Thesis to finish-all the class work had been completed.
    The challenge I faced at that juncture in my life was letting go of the Master's degree and staying home with a newborn.  I chose my newborn. 
    At this point in my life I may decide to try and get that degree after all, since I was so very close.  But I am 55+ now and am not sure I have the energy or time!
    Great question, J.S.!
    Laurel

4. jaswinder64 profile image61
    jaswinder64posted 6 years ago

I think its very hard and one has to face many  challenges, like Big Serious and lorlie6 wrote their experiences. Some times you have to choose, like I always give importance to my family and  thats why I am full time mom. Since my both sons were  born, I took care as much as I could, still I am doing and will be doing. Today both of them doing good profession degrees and I am so satisfied that I hleped them to have good degrees, so now one of them has professional job too.

working