jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do people blame music for children's bad behavior?

1. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Why do people blame music for children's bad behavior?

When I was a teen everyone blamed Manson, then eminem, now they blame rap music is general. I heard that in the 70's it was groups like the Grateful dead and doors that got blamed. So why do people blame music for the bad acts of children?

2. profile image0
    ScottHoughposted 5 years ago

My parents did it to draw scrutinty away from their own shortcomings.

Rock stars are easy scapegoats. It's much easier to simply blame a rock star for a child's shortcomings rather than plan a weekend camping, skiing, or beach trip; Which is the kind of attention children really want from their parents. I think this is probably human nature and possibly a comment on our times.

We should all try to take responsibility for ourselves and try to lay less blame on rock stars. As parents we have the duty to offer our children something more appealling than what rockstars offer. It's a tough sell sometimes, but it is far from impossible.

3. Brandon E Newman profile image70
    Brandon E Newmanposted 5 years ago

Music stars are demi-gods. Teens are very covetous of them. (I know that I was) They are cooler than cool and they enjoy their lives, and live by their own rules. They get women. That's why kids Idolize them so much. Just think- what is the one thing most any teen would sell their soul to be? A rockstar! or a rapper. Those guys do the things that most of us only dream of. They drink and do drugs, have promiscuous sex and live like there's no tomorrow. They absolutely have a powerful influence on teens.

4. spartucusjones profile image93
    spartucusjonesposted 5 years ago

I recently wrote a hub which partially deals with that issue: http://spartucusjones.hubpages.com/hub/ … s-Behavior

That hub I wrote included the following Marylin Manson quote: "The [news] media has unfairly scapegoated the music industry and so-called Goth kids and has speculated, with no basis in truth, that artists like myself are in some way to blame. This tragedy was a product of ignorance, hatred and an access to guns. I hope the [news] media's irresponsible finger-pointing doesn't create more discrimination against kids who look different."

5. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

because it is easier to blame others then to take the blame themselves. i get a kick out of how kids act on sites like twitter when it comes to their favorite singers or bands. fan bases like beliebers are beyond ignorant and i often wonder where the heck their parents are.

working