jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

How many minutes/ hours do you spend (1-on-1) with your child daily?

1. FreezeFrame34 profile image76
    FreezeFrame34posted 5 years ago

How many minutes/ hours do you spend (1-on-1) with your child daily?

In the technologically advanced world we will live in, where mom and dad both have to work to survive, how many minutes/hours do you spend (1-on1) with your child daily? Did this time increase or decrease as they got older? Why?

2. user999 profile image60
    user999posted 5 years ago

don't have one. (child, I mean)
    "mom and dad both have to work to survive"? I don't think so. One salary is more that enough for a family to survive.

1. FreezeFrame34 profile image76
      FreezeFrame34posted 5 years agoin reply to this

user99,hope you have a healthy child,if you decide to have one.I didn't.My child was in the hospital for over one month when she was born.$$$And no, my family could not survive on 1 income(unless we relied on the government to pay our bills/insurance

3. Sparrowlet profile image81
    Sparrowletposted 5 years ago

My one child who is still at home is almost 18 and will be off to college in the fall. Her "social schedule" prevents us from spending much time together on a daily basis! I still help her with her French homework about 3x a week for about an hour or two, and I sure spend a lot of time driving her places! (she has a license, but not a car of her own) I'd say, on average, I'm directly interacting with her for only about 1 to 2 hrs a day. But when my kids were little, I was a hands-on Mom! I worked, but only part-time. My time priority was always my kids. And I can say, being a full-time Mom was the hardest job I've ever done, but also the most rewarding. All three of my kids are healthy, happy and successful, so I must have done something right!

4. Kellyb7478 profile image60
    Kellyb7478posted 5 years ago

Every waking moment they are not at school! 
    About 8-9 hours a day.

5. RealHousewife profile image77
    RealHousewifeposted 5 years ago

I had to work full time when my youngest was little.  She is 23 now...the time went so fast.  I have a 10 & 12 year old also - luckily I could afford to quit my job and work from home.  I joined the PTA even though I freaking hated it - but so I could BE there involved with the kids at school.  I pick them up after school and my husband takes them to school.

It is so true what people say - the time flies and you can't get it back! I am spedning as much time with my kids as possible.  They have better grades, stay out of trouble and KNOW you love them.  They will remember how you treated them as children when they grow up - make sure you can live with those memories too!!  Spend tons of quality time with your kids - I promise you won't be sorry about that time investment.