jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What would you do if you caught your child Sexting?

1. pmorries profile image78
    pmorriesposted 5 years ago

What would you do if you caught your child Sexting?

Would it make a difference if your offspring was a boy or a girl? What if your child was 17? How can you be sure that your child is not sexting?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6741171_f260.jpg

2. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

It really would depend on the age. While my first thought is what the guy did in the pic you put up, I doubt I would go to such extremes. I plan on telling my children that I can have access to anything they ever send or recieve without them ever knowing and hope it prevents it. I'm sure it won't. When the time comes if they are 17 there isn't much I can do except start making them pay their own cell bill because I won't support it. I dread the day when my children start this!

3. momster profile image60
    momsterposted 5 years ago

Confront the child.  Always listen to what they have to say before judging them. Discuss the behavior and the consequences of what could come about with these actions. Be straight forward. If it continues the phone is gone.

1. pmorries profile image78
      pmorriesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like good advice to me.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I couldn't approve of my underage child doing this kind of thing. I don't think kids need these kinds of cell phones so that would take care of that.  Kids will be kids but it is our job to guide them and I would be failing as a parent if I didn't step in and remove the cell phone and talk with him or her about why it is wrong.

working