jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Have you lost a child?

1. Conservative Lady profile image76
    Conservative Ladyposted 5 years ago

Have you lost a child?

I lost my son 2 years ago and I am now raising his 3 1/2 year old daughter. It is still very painful and I miss him so much. Does it really get easier with time?

2. Georgie Lowery profile image94
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I haven't lost a living child, but I've had three miscarriages. I've never been able to carry to term. It's a lot different for me, but it hasn't gotten any easier. I'm 41 now, so it's too late for me. I'm great with kids and would have been an awesome mom.

I'm sorry you lost your son. I'm sure he knows how much you love him.

Conservative Ladyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Georgie, I am so sorry you were not given the chance to be the awesome mom you wanted to be. Have you ever thought about adopting? There are so many children in need of an awesome mommy. Take care

3. Angela Blair profile image81
    Angela Blairposted 5 years ago

I lost my son/only child, Rusty in February of 2011. Until that time I'd always thought myself a very strong, on-top-of-everything person. I found that I wasn't. Losing a child, whether adult or toddler is one of those things that goes against everything we're taught -- parents aren't meant to outlive their children. I kept searching for a way to "get over it" or "get past it" and there is no such thing. One never gets over losing a child, the wound to the heart is as fresh every day as it was the day you lost him/her. I now find my answer, to anyone suffering the loss of a child is: You'll never "get over it" but in time, you'll learn to live with it. I've found my faith in the Lord keeps me somewhat on track -- I'm secure in the knowledge that I'll be with my son again in heaven.

Conservative Ladyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Angela I am so sorry for your loss, I too have turned to the Lord to help me survive this agony. I too find peace in knowing we will see each other again some day in Heaven.
      Please know that I am here if you need a friend.

Closed to reply

working