jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How did you teach baby to crawl on wood floors?

1. Traci21 profile image69
    Traci21posted 5 years ago

How did you teach baby to crawl on wood floors?

My 6 month old loves being on the floor but as soon as he touches the hard cold floor he screams and will not move. He has a little play mat but he rolls off of it. Any opinions will be greatly appreciated!!

2. yeagerinvestments profile image86
    yeagerinvestmentsposted 5 years ago

When my son started crawling a few months ago, he refused to let his knees or legs touch wood floors/tile. He crawled on his feet which is hilarious to watch. Maybe try and bribe him with a treat and start very small, like have him crawl a very short distance and give lots of praise. Good luck!

3. iheartkafka profile image68
    iheartkafkaposted 5 years ago

We have tile floors throughout our home, and my twins boys were initially scared of the cold, hard surfaces as well. I simply laid down blankets and when they were ready, they ventured off.

4. fitmom profile image83
    fitmomposted 5 years ago

Children will do something when they are ready and motivated. I wouldn't worry about it. Just lay down several blankets as padding so that if he lays back down he won't get hurt. Have toys on the blankets and off of the blanket. He will move around to get to toys and will venture off the blanket when he's ready.