jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

To those who were NOT rebellious teens but GOODY TWO SHOES, did your parents app

1. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

To those who were NOT rebellious teens but GOODY TWO SHOES, did your parents appreciate this

fact  or did they wish that you were more like the "normal" teenager?   Yes, there were/are teens did not rebel,smoke, drink, act wild, and used controlled substances.   These teens did not succumb to peer pressure and followed their own drummer.   These teens were not interested in the usual teenage activities.   They often pursue quieter and more intellectual activities.

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image93
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 5 years ago

No, they did not appreciate it -- I was told a Straight A+ report card was not good enough. It was then that I knew for certain something was not right and I'd have to leave and make my own way.

3. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 5 years ago

I was a good child, and I think my parents appreciated it.  Sometimes I wonder if I should've rebelled more though...

4. SkySlave profile image83
    SkySlaveposted 5 years ago

I think using my own mind and operating on my own page has gained me both respect and disappointment from my parents. Seeing as everyone is a different nothing you do is going to please everyone. (This was hard for me to figure out because i tend to be a people pleaser. )  The biggest part for me is listening to my thoughts and feelings and judging my actions accordingly. Whether or not being rebellious has a positive outcome in relationships with parents, i don't have a strong answer because it really depends on the people involved. Out off all of my experiences some things work and others dont. In life you have to run with what works for you. Be who you are and dont set your hopes on pleasing everyone because it will never happen.