What is something your child does that makes you feel good about being a parent?

1. momster profile image60
    momsterposted 5 years ago

What is something your child does that makes you feel good about being a parent?

My son got up earlier then everyone else the other morning. I heard him the kitchen thinking it was the cat. When I checked it out, my  10 year old son was making breakfast for everyone. That is what makes my day. My son showing kindness and responsibility.

2. KristenN4Boys profile image66
    KristenN4Boysposted 5 years ago

My boys use their manners with others. I grew up saying "Yes ma'am/sir"  "Please" and "Thank you" and I've (tried to) raise my boys the same way despite a lot of their friends responding to adults much differently. It makes me feel good as a parent to hear that they are respectful to other adults. I can enforce it at home, but have no control over how they are at school, friends houses, etc. Recently a friend of mine commented on what a nice young boy I was raising and how he was always mannerly at their house. It filled my mommy heart with pride. I hope they will grow up to raise their kids the same way as well. Respect and manners are important and can get you a long way in life.

3. snapbackbetty profile image69
    snapbackbettyposted 5 years ago

When they say something about how great they think I am. Most of the time it comes out of the blue. A few day ago my 6 year old son told me that I was "mom-tastic"... Not sure where it came from but it sounded great to me! :-)

working