jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

How do I prevent my sons from using up a roll of toilet paper on just 2-3 visits

1. bulama2 profile image80
    bulama2posted 5 years ago

How do I prevent my sons from using up a roll of toilet paper on just 2-3 visits to the toilet?

I have a 6 and a 8 year olds son, who uses more toilet paper that any adult. There had been several blockages because of the amount of toilet paper they use.

2. innerspin profile image93
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

Do they know how the sewer system works? It may help if you can find a book or information on the net to show them. If they learn how all the pipes function, and what goes on in a sewage farm, they may make an effort to cut down on paper. Point out that it's better for the environment to use less. Try and make learning fun. They most likely haven't given much thought to what happens when they flush.

bulama2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi innerspin,
      thank you for your comments. I did have a couple of lecturers with them whenever I caught them. However, I haven't tried showing them info. on the web and from the books, so will do that as soon as I get some info. thanks again.

3. Kimberly Vaughn profile image82
    Kimberly Vaughnposted 5 years ago

I had this problem with my son also. Before I put a roll of toilet paper on the dispenser I would smush it so that the cardboard roll in the middle has some creases in it. This way the toilet paper won't flow as quickly. That sometimes helps deter little ones from using too much.

Hi Kimberly,
      Thank you for your feed back. I will do that tonight.
      cheers!

4. Seth Winter profile image77
    Seth Winterposted 5 years ago

Lol you could do what they did in basic training. Give them each a roll of toilet paper and tell them that they have to make it last til X. They can share toilet paper but new toilet paper won't be given out until a certain amount of time.

When I was in the army this lead us to stealing toilet paper from other barracks, the mess hall, and any medical place where toilet paper was in large supply...lol there was even a black market so the speak on toilet paper.

Hi Seth,
      Thank you for your comments. Iam willing to try anything to stop this nonsense. I don't know about the kids stealing the paper when it's finish, I think their trouser will be the nearest thing to use or the bath towels.
      thanks.

2. Seth Winter profile image77
      Seth Winterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Lol, well I doubt your kids will resort to stealing toilet paper but it might be a way that works. Maybe if they have allowance money have them buy their own toilet paper.

working