jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

What is the name of your first kid?Why you named so?

1. Deepak Chaturvedi profile image71
    Deepak Chaturvediposted 5 years ago

What is the name of your first kid?Why you named so?

2. joanwz profile image75
    joanwzposted 5 years ago

My first child is named Emily Beth. I just liked both names. We found out a few months after she was born that a family member had done some geneology research and found that my husband's great-great-grandmother was named Emily.

Deepak Chaturvediposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great!

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

My first child is Erin. I just loved the sound of it and it was a popular name during the early 80's.

Deepak Chaturvediposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sounds good.

4. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

My eldest son was a baby I adopted, so he came with one name; and then I had the chance to decide whether or not to change his name when the adoption was finalized.   His original first name was an ethnic one that would have been very unusual in our family's "circle", but I didn't want to completely change the first name his birth mother had given him.  So, we shortened it, and I figured he got to keep that much of what she had given him.  We gave him my father's first name as a middle name, because that would mean part of his name came from me.  His last name, of course, is his father's last name; so part of his name comes from his father too.  Somehow, I guess, it was our way of giving him a name that had meaning with regard to his identity.

5. tussin profile image59
    tussinposted 5 years ago

Deepaq. I saw the name in a Hubpages question and thought the q gave it a nice touch.

6. Trish89 profile image68
    Trish89posted 5 years ago

My daughters name is Indiana. Like the state. I moved to Pennsylvania from Indiana. Lived in Indiana til I was 21. I find it very unique and love it.

working