jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

What is the silliest name you have ever heard a child named?

1. MarleneB profile image97
    MarleneBposted 6 years ago

What is the silliest name you have ever heard a child named?

2. profile image0
    kelleywardposted 6 years ago

placenta! No joke. I was an OB nurse for a while and she thought it was a beautiful word that would make a great name for her new baby.

3. Alecia Murphy profile image77
    Alecia Murphyposted 6 years ago

Pilot Inspektor
    Bear
    Blue Ivy
    King
    Puma
    Placenta

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Moon Unit Zappa, followed by her brother Dweezel

5. delaneyworld profile image77
    delaneyworldposted 6 years ago

I would have to say Blanket is the silliest.  That child will be haunted by that name always.  Poor kid.

6. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

I have heard many, but I think Cocoa takes the cake!

7. mpoche4 profile image83
    mpoche4posted 6 years ago

Pajama (pronounced pah jah mah)
    Shithead (I swear this is not a joke- pronounced shih theed)

8. tobey100 profile image61
    tobey100posted 6 years ago

Young lady works for me has three daughters named (and I'm not kidding)  Morning, Noon and Evening.  OMG!

9. jacqui2011 profile image83
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

The silliest name I have ever heard a child being called was Euphemia. Seriously, when I was at college, one of the students in my class told me that this was what her granddaughter had been called. To me it sounds like some dreadful disease!

10. Cardia profile image94
    Cardiaposted 6 years ago

Well, I've heard of a little girl that was named Kallorie (pronounced like "Calorie")

However, this one takes the cake. One time I was in town, and I saw a woman with a tattoo on her arm, saying "Deshoniquo, my son" in this scripty, swirly font. I'm guessing that it would be pronounched Dee-Shon-ee-kwo.

11. xethonxq profile image63
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

I would pick Aloysius and Diogenes. Very formal...very old names.

12. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image97
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 6 years ago

We had a neighbor kid whose family called him Stinky. I have no idea why, and I didn't want to know. He had twin brother, who had a normal name, so I don't know what the deal was with Stinky. He did have a real name, BTW, but I don't remember it. That's the problem with a nickname like Stinky - it eclipses whatever else you might be called.

13. Brandon Spaulding profile image56
    Brandon Spauldingposted 6 years ago

Female. A woman named her child Female because she thought the hospital already named the child. The mom was looking at the gender description of the child on the admission forms.

14. Tmonica profile image60
    Tmonicaposted 6 years ago

Hennessey, I don't understand why a parent would want to name their child this, but that is just my opinion.

working