Did you know peanut butter breaks down gum?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (23 posts)
  1. kwade tweeling profile image69
    kwade tweelingposted 11 years ago

Did you know peanut butter breaks down gum?

Seriously. Get gum in the carpet? Peanut butter. Gum in your hair? Peanut butter. I can't tell you how many times I've used it. When I was a kid, my mom saved me from bad haircuts with it. Now, I save the carpet, kids hair, stuffed animals, and many other things from gum using peanut butter.

What have YOU used to get gum out?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7513630_f260.jpg

2. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 11 years ago

Yes, I did know that but haven't had the opportunity to try it. I don't think my kids ever left gum in any odd places - at least that I remember.

1. profile image0
      CJ Sledgehammerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like you trained them right. Or...they left gum in places so strange...in places so odd...that you have yet to discover it.

2. duffsmom profile image59
      duffsmomposted 11 years agoin reply to this

:-) - you are probably right about that!

3. lburmaster profile image73
    lburmasterposted 11 years ago

No, I never knew that. Dang... Peanut butter is strong... Just cut out the hair or use your hands to pull the gum out.

1. profile image0

Wow...you are one tough mamma!!!

2. lburmaster profile image73
      lburmasterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No pain, no gain.

3. profile image0

I hope you will remember that while giving birth 6 months from now. :0)

4. lburmaster profile image73

I'm terrified of natural birth and just want a c section.

5. profile image0

Why do you fear natural birth? Won't a c-section leave a nasty scar?

6. lburmaster profile image73

Do I honestly want that thing coming out of my vagina? No. I'd prefer a beautiful scar that I can be proud of later.

7. profile image0

Gulp. I am shocked that you referred to your baby as "that thing". Did you really mean to phrase it that way? Aren't you happy to be withchild?

8. kwade tweeling profile image69
      kwade tweelingposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh,goodness. I didn't see that one coming. The cure I found for fearing natural childbirth; education. Not mainstream, but someone like http://www.bradleybirth.com/  My children, and those of some friends, are all home birthed. Best experience ever.

9. lburmaster profile image73

You guys are scary beyond belief. I've always been terrified of childbirth. Corbin is arriving through C section or someone is knocking me out.

10. kwade tweeling profile image69

To my wife, the idea of having someone cut her open through skin, muscle, and uterus is scary. C-section is far more damaging to your body. Recovery time on a c-section alone should be reason for pause.  Now, I think I may need to write an article.

4. backporchstories profile image72
    backporchstoriesposted 11 years ago

This is true, it is the fat that breaks the gum own.  Same can be done with lard!

5. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 11 years ago

Just outlaw all gum consumption in your home and you will restrict the use of your peanut butter to sandwiches and the occasional celery stick. :0)

1. kwade tweeling profile image69

Actually, I have only had gum in the house when other people give it to them. Usually Halloween. There's so much chemical crap in gum, it practically IS outlawed. Maybe that's why they can't figure out how to keep it out of stuff...

2. profile image0

I have also read that gum can stay in the stomach for up to 7 years before finally breaking down and passing on through.

3. kwade tweeling profile image69

That's a rumor I heard tell of as a small child, and since have heard it's a load of BS. Considering I swallowed some more than once as a kid, I think it's safe to assume it won't kill you either way.

4. profile image0

Take it easy, Kwade, everything's gonna be alright. The powers that be have said coffee is bad...it's good...it's bad, and now it's back to good. I don't really take too much stock in what they are saying. How are we really to know?

5. kwade tweeling profile image69

Exactly. Eggs are the same way. I think it's all a conspiracy to keep us wondering. Just so we are all distracted. The truth was already said plainly to us all and we still don't get it. There is no spoon.

6. profile image0

Yes, indeed. I was going to mention eggs, too, but decided not to. As they say, "Brilliant minds think alike." :0)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)