jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

As a parent, what are the top goals that you have for your kids?

1. ercramer36 profile image96
    ercramer36posted 5 years ago

As a parent, what are the top goals that you have for your kids?

2. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

My children are now grown, but the only things I ever wanted for them were a) that they be happy and healthy, and b) that they have the same opportunities, such as chance to get a good education, that every child/person deserves.   I always wanted them to be capable, strong, people (which they certainly are).   Also, of course, I've always wanted them to know (which they never can unless/until they have their own children) how much they're wanted, loved, treasured, and respected as human beings.

Other than those things that I've wanted for them, their goals are up to them.  I support whatever their goals/aims for themselves are.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I wanted them to have a strong faith (they do) be healthy (they are) happy (I believe they are) and have a good education (they do) so that they could have more opportunities. We always told them an education does not guarantee you anything but it does give you more doors to knock on.

4. ExpectGreatThings profile image83
    ExpectGreatThingsposted 5 years ago

I want my kids to love the Lord with all their hearts, souls, minds, and strength. And I want them to love others. Also I hope they will know how much their dad and I love them. Beyond that, I am trusting that the Lord will reveal His goals for them to them at the right time.

5. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

1) study hard for themselves , not for the parents to show off.
    2) Learn to help around the house, don't depend on parents to do everything.
    3) Eat their greens, don't just eat what they love .
    4) Respect the elders; older siblings, parents and relatives; compulsory for the chinese communities.

working