jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

My 6 year old has a problem

1. peachpurple profile image84
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

My 6 year old has a problem

My child just started his first day of school this year K2. Teachers claimed that he had been talking, playing and laughing to himself. He doesn't like to mix with other children, even our relatives children. What should I do?

2. RTalloni profile image86
    RTalloniposted 5 years ago

A smart first step might be to get a private evaluation with a good pediatrician.

peachpurpleposted 5 years agoin reply to this

thanks for yr advice. I already suggested yr idea to my hubby but he says that I think too much, lack of confidence in our child. Really at wits end!

3. jennshealthstore profile image90
    jennshealthstoreposted 5 years ago

It all depends. If he is not use to being around other children often he may just need an adjustment period. It takes time for kids to adjust to changing surroundings. In my child's case, she had no problem adjusting to school because she was in day care from the time she was 2. If a child is not use to being away from home they may feel a bit uncomfortable. If your child continues this behavior for some time then I would then seek some kind of professional advice.

yeah, i think he need some adjustments. It has been 10 days to school and he had just made friends with 3 boys. He is talking and playing with them now. Hopefully he will stop talking to himself soon. Thanks

4. tksabresinos profile image62
    tksabresinosposted 5 years ago

Don't think of this as a problem. I don't think anything is wrong with him. It might just be that he's the passive one and someone needs to give him the the attention for him to give it back.

thanks for yr kind comments. I feel comfortable with yr comments. Teachers are giving him some attention right now. Thanks a lot

working