jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

Do you know what your name means?

1. dobo700 profile image61
    dobo700posted 5 years ago

Do you know what your name means?

2. pradiiphira profile image72
    pradiiphiraposted 5 years ago

yes i know., my name's meaning is here,

the one who give light of knowledge to the world,

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Yes.  My name is Patricia and it means noble - although that isn't really very descriptive of me.

1. Hui (蕙) profile image80
      Hui (蕙)posted 5 years agoin reply to this

You know about both your name and yourself, which is great! Nice to meet you!

4. MickS profile image74
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Yep - Michael - something along the lines of - like the lord, or beloved of the lord.

5. Hui (蕙) profile image80
    Hui (蕙)posted 5 years ago

In all my life, with time, I have used three different Chinese words in the same pronunciation of "Hui". The first one means virtuous and kind, which is more traditional (my mum gave it to me when I was born), and I don't think it is me; the second one means wisdom, but I don't think I am wise enough for it; the third one means an elegant, quiet orchid flower. I finally find me in my name!!! I try to find the proper word as my name, which is like a life journey. I have got proper knowledge about myself in different life phase. The name is not just a “code" or a "mark", but shows something real in people.

6. Becky Katz profile image85
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

My name is Rebecca, which means 'Servant of God'. This fits me well, most of the time. I am not perfect.

7. moonfairy profile image80
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

yes, my given name means "goddess of the moon"....
    how about you? What does your name mean?

8. Diana Lee profile image85
    Diana Leeposted 5 years ago

Diana- Greek moon goddess.  Ironically I was born under the Cancer sign which is also known as moon children.

9. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

i know mine, it indicates a flower name. But my dad chose it because the nurse was kind when my mom delivered me. So, he chose the nurse's name to become my name.

10. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

My surname?--no. My first name?--no idea.

working