jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How can kids be brought up to love their parents?

1. Kevin Peter profile image72
    Kevin Peterposted 4 years ago

How can kids be brought up to love their parents?

What all can be done from the side of parents to make their kids more affectionate?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7957797_f260.jpg

2. martvbs profile image60
    martvbsposted 4 years ago

Two things - Love and Understanding.  I am a young parent of two lovely daughters and a handsome boy.  I used to wonder how i would bring up my children to be affectionate and well behaved. I have tried a number things but i have come to discover that the best way to bring up children, is to be understanding to them and give them all the love you can where its due. Children understand more than what we generally think. They have the ability to know who cares about them, what makes you happy, what makes you unhappy and a host of other things. So when you give them love, they will try as much as they can to give it back to you and the other way around is true. Its very bad to mistreat children - beating them, shouting at them, ignoring them when they need your attention and the like. However its important to teach them to be respectful and responsible and you can teach them these values by taking time to explain to them (of course in a way they can understand). When they do something wrong, immediately show them like put on a sad face, withdraw something they like etc. With repeated practice and using a combination of tactics, you can eventually master the skills of getting what you want front your children. However its important to remember that a child's personality is very important and its should always be put in the formula when crafting the tricks to teach the child what you want him or her to become. Well this is what has worked for me but there is a whole range of other means you may explorer but experience is very vital. Nice Time . Martin

3. shanmarie profile image80
    shanmarieposted 4 years ago

I used to work in church nurseries and daycares, and one thing I have learned is that most children are naturally affectionate to those that they feel safest with and often even other adults when the parent(s) is/are near.  When they feel safe and loved, they will reflect that back. 

As a parent, I would say that this does not always mean that they will be respectful or obedient.  That is an entirely different matter, but establishing love and security go a long way toward developing the desired respect.  But, as far as love goes, don't hold back with your child and they will not hold back with you. Hugs and kisses and "I love you's" can not be given too much, especially when they are infants and toddlers.  Also, time together snuggling while reading a book or watching television. Praise while making cookies or picking up toys and cleaning.  Children crave affection from parents.  Give and you shall receive.

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

respect each other, love siblings, no fighting both kids and adults and family bonding.

5. Kathleen Cochran profile image82
    Kathleen Cochranposted 4 years ago

Give them security.  Be fair.  Be demonstrative with your love.

6. Athlyn Green profile image96
    Athlyn Greenposted 4 years ago

Modeling loving behavior is a good way to teach children about caring--lots of cuddles, lots of praise, demonstrating kindness to others, treating children fairly. A parent who is openly affectionate, stands a better chance of having that affection returned.

7. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

How one treats one children oftentimes is reciprocated in kind.Many parents treat their children disrespectfully,yet THEY wonder why they're afforded the same treatment.One  DOES reap what is sown. read more

working