jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is your point of view of being single mother or father?

1. Ronilo Blanca profile image67
    Ronilo Blancaposted 4 years ago

What is your point of view of being single mother or father?

2. Haseena Firdousia profile image70
    Haseena Firdousiaposted 4 years ago

I'm a single mum of four and I love it . My ex left me for someone else and has since married her and had 3 further children . My two youngest are both special needs and I can honestly say that their father does nothing for any of them . The older two dont have much to do with him or his wife but the younger two sometimes want to see him sadly his new family come first . I have been single since he left and yes I too would love to have someone special but nevermind . If I'm honest I actually get on with my ex'swife think I feel sorry for her really because she's blinded by love still .

http://www.circleofmoms.com/single-moms … mom-448206

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Unless on is wealthy and can afford to pay for help and daycare it's probably not the best idea to (choose) being a single parent. However sometimes couples get divorced and one parent is left with being the "primary caregiver". However if the other parent is (truly) active in the child's life then he or she views themselves as having two parents! In my opinion it is only when one parent has nothing or very little to do with the upbringing of a child that is when you can say you were raised by a single parent.
    Today there are so many couples who (live together) but have never married that choose to have kids. Legally these couples are "single" and free to marry anyone they choose. Single parent use to refer to  one's "marital status" as in divorced, never married, or widow/widower who was left to raise a child (alone).
    Today many people consider themselves to be single parents even if they are getting help from the other parent. In their mind if both parents don't "live together" the child only has (one) parent. While it's a fact the man or woman may not have a spouse or is living with a lover this does not mean the child has only (one) parent.
    Having said that if one truly is playing both mother and father roles it's not the ideal situation for most children.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

It must be tremendously difficult.  I know that raising children in a two parent home is very time intensive so I can only imagine how hard it would be for a single parent.

5. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 4 years ago

Single parents must have it  tough work and to provide for their children sometimes time is of the essence to listen to their children and in the process child grow up faster to work and make ends meet

working