jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What’s the best piece of advice that your mother gave you?

1. jabelufiroz profile image71
    jabelufirozposted 4 years ago

What’s the best piece of advice that your mother gave you?

2. profile image0
    krushnach80posted 4 years ago

stay away from trouble,no fighting,no quarrel

3. Writerly Yours profile image75
    Writerly Yoursposted 4 years ago

Don't Quit! Simple, but so powerful. I have it all over my fridge and at my desk at work!

She also has taught me not to settle in life. It can be so easy to just go with the flow of everyone else, but she says, "What's the fun in that!? Live alive while you are breathing!"

Great question.

Thank you.

4. Savio Dawson profile image85
    Savio Dawsonposted 4 years ago

Don't worry about anything. Just ask God for help in any topic that is bothering you and help will arrive...

5. Sue Adams profile image96
    Sue Adamsposted 4 years ago

If you have to make a difficult decision, don't do it now. Sleep on it and decide tomorrow when you are less emotionally involved.

6. MaggieMarie profile image77
    MaggieMarieposted 4 years ago

I can't say it was my mother, but my grandmother.  She would always tell me to remember the scripture in Proverbs, and never let a day set on your anger.  Always make peace before you sleep, because you never know what will happen...I've remembered that my entire life and still live by it...makes for a very strong marriage!

7. profile image0
    Kathleen Kerswigposted 4 years ago

My mother was a tough lady. She challenged me more and more as I grew older and I did not understand why she was so tough on me. I understand today. She wanted me to have a life that was better than hers. She pushed me and she required my best efforts in all that I did. Now I am grateful for that. There wasn't one piece of advice from her - it was a compilation of many lessons that showed me the importance of choosing to do the right thing each and every day.

Thanks Mom!

8. snapbackbetty profile image67
    snapbackbettyposted 4 years ago

My mom always told me to be careful with people that call themselves your friend. I don't think I quite understood it growing up but I definately figured it out as an adult.

working