What would you want to see in a day care to help your child get a good start on

1. theryanpride profile image78
    theryanprideposted 4 years ago

What would you want to see in a day care to help your child get a good start on early learning?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8199640_f260.jpg

2. jjackson786 profile image94
    jjackson786posted 4 years ago

Hello, theryanpride!

I work in a center for children with developmental disorders and the answer, in my opinion, is the same across the board for this population as well as many others- active play. It is essential during these early childhood periods that the child is provided with unlimited opportunities for active play. This might include playground equipment, an arts and crafts table, a gaming table, and plenty of access to books and sunlight. Television, computer and video games- while some might provide supplemental early learning- are typically not conducive to developing those essential skills. Running around, inventing games, socializing with other children, and strengthening abilities such as reading and arithmetic are really great places to start.

Hope this helps! Have a wonderful day.

3. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 4 years ago

I would like to see books, building blocks, crayons to draw with and safe toys. A computer, and play must be improvised by having many outdoor activities, for a good  sunny day and inside should be free of dangerous objects, a standard program to  cope with in a day care. A child would be happy in a day care if there are interesting toys.

working