What's the happiest day in your life so far...

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

We've had the question asked of the saddest day of our lives, but I need counterbalance.

So, what was your happiest day in your life so far?

Mine: the birth of my two wonderful kids. When my daughter was born the nurse handed her to me and said, "Stop crying and count her fingers and toes and report back to me." We laughed, and she had tears in her eyes and then followed with "I'll count too, because you're likely to see double with all that water in your eyes." I was 28. My daughter is now 25.

When she turned five, I wrote a waltz for her birthday. I played it and she danced around the room. She said, "Play it again!" and she grabbed her little brother, only two, and they tumbled and danced together.

My kids refused to have anything to do with me for four years. But I kept loving them unconditionally, and they finally returned. Those memories are what have kept me going.

I'm getting together with them tomorrow evening with their spouses for dinner.

2. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

The happiest day of my life has been my wedding day.
    The days my five boys entered the world are my nest favorite days.

3. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Dan'l, I'm so glad you and your kids have worked things out. I'll bet you're a great dad!

My happiest days were the ones when I married my present husband and when my kids and grandkids were born.

4. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

My happiest days were when my husband told me for the first time he loved me and when we eloped because are families were in disagreement of where the wedding was to be held. We packed up our wedding attire and flew to Nevada, stayed in a Penthouse suite and won money while we were there. That was one of the happiest days I will ever remember not including the day we officially adopted our son. smile

5. runner2975 profile image61
    runner2975posted 14 years ago

July 20th, 1998...free Smashing Pumpkins concert in Minneapolis, MN....100k people, I was with my girlfriend at the time, we both got drunk, the weather was perfect,the city was electric, we walked for miles together.  That was a good day...even if she turned out not to be the one.

6. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

April 11, 1074. When after waking up in the weeds beside my truck [we had a terrible head on collision] I discovered that my wife, three year old son and month old baby were all alive. Even though my wife was very badly injured. My son and I were ejected out of the truck, wife was driving. All are well to this day.

7. H.C Porter profile image80
    H.C Porterposted 14 years ago

hmmm??? Perhaps today is? I woke up-so that was a pretty positive start to it all...

The best day of my life so far??? The day I figured out, I dont need anyone to help me to survive-I am capable of breathing in and out all by myself...  October 19, 2002> the day after the worst day of my life (so far)...

1. runner2975 profile image61
      runner2975posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That was a good day for me as well.

8. Mama Sez profile image64
    Mama Sezposted 14 years ago

When I gave birth to our first baby and my husband can't stop crying...overjoyed and overwhelmed by emotions.  I knew I married the right man who would do his best for a happy family.

9. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

the day my one and only child I could ever have was born..it was a month earlier than expected and over 100 degrees that day, but it was till the best day of my life

10. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

The birth of my son, the birth of my daughter, and the adoption of my other son.

11. aefrancisco profile image61
    aefranciscoposted 14 years ago

WHEN I WAS BORN! smile

or should i say conceived by my parents?

12. profile image0
    seasoningposted 14 years ago

Had lots of good days..... Of course the birth of my 3 children.Writing wise, every day gets better, i am forever grateful, to the good old computer, and my learning curve on it. In some ways personally each day get's better, i am waiting for the big one......

13. fishtiger58 profile image68
    fishtiger58posted 14 years ago

My wedding, have been married almost 22 years now. And the birth of my sons, 18 and 17. They are fine respectful kids. I am so proud of them both.

14. profile image0
    AdviceDoctorposted 14 years ago

My first paycheck (15 years old, Starbucks.. Not much, but felt really good); my university graduation; my wedding and the birth of my kids.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)