jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What are some creative ways to tell your school aged children, the family is goi

1. CarlySullens profile image95
    CarlySullensposted 3 years ago

What are some creative ways to tell your school aged children, the family is going to move?

My children know there is a chance of moving since we have been talking to them about the job and interview process as it unfolds.  But when it is finalized what is a creative way to tell them you made the decision.

2. Lori P. profile image86
    Lori P.posted 3 years ago

Oh, how fun! I can think of a few ways!

1. Print out copies of a map, and draw a line from your current house to your new home destination. Use these maps as placemats at the dinner table.
    2.  Make copies of the house key, and wrap each one in a small box for every child. If the kid is too young for his or her own house key, print out a small picture of the house to fold up and wrap in a box like a gift.
    3.  Bake a cake and decorate to look like a house.
    4.  Make your own fortune cookies with fortunes that say, "A new home is in your near future."
    5.  Place Monopoly plastic house tokens in strategic areas so they can't miss them. In the refrigerator, in the bathroom, on their pillows, in their lunch boxes.
    6.  Runt out pic of new house on card stock. Cut out postcard size pieces. Address be mail one to each child. Write, "Come home soon!"
    7. Play a game of charades and act out, "we're moving!"

Have a blast!

CarlySullensposted 3 years agoin reply to this

These are great!  So creative.  I love the map idea, since my husband is a geographer.

2. Lori P. profile image86
      Lori P.posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I meant print out pic, not runt out. Weird auto-correct on my iPad and I didn't  catch it.

3. LongTimeMother profile image97
    LongTimeMotherposted 3 years ago

Look for good kids activities and tourist spots in your new area, Carly, and. encourage them to make a list of the first ones to visit. smile

CarlySullensposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I love this idea, because it gives them excitement towards where they are going. smile

4. profile image0
    Copper Manposted 3 years ago

Contact the Chamber of Commerce in the new location and get all the information about the place that's available. Ask about zoos, museums, libraries and places to camp and/or fish. Load yourself down maps and information.

working