Creative ways to get children to eat their Vegetables.

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Creative ways to get children to eat  their Vegetables.

2. anujagarwal profile image57
    anujagarwalposted 14 years ago

You may offer them a glass of milk-shake after food instead of plain milk. And if you feel giving a candy is not a bad idea, you can also offer a candy.
    And traditional way in India is to get them busy in some story while they are eating, especially if you are helping your children to eat and they are not eating themselves.

3. personNataliy profile image59
    personNataliyposted 14 years ago

I’ve had no trouble getting my 2 yr old to eat any fruits and vegetables. My best advice is to eat any (if not all) possible fruits and vegetables during pregnancy. What we eat during pregnancy reflects what our children will eat. If you try giving your child a vegetable and then candy as “good-job” Your child will choose what tastes good vs. what is good for you. Besides, if you give your child a serving of vegetables and a cup of any store bought juice, chances are you’ve already given your child enough sugar for him to decide that he wants juice instead of water. Try explaining to your child that vegetables are what make their super heroes strong. If your child likes ranch or ketchup, try it on their veggies. Give him/her a cup with half juice and half cold water or just add lots of ice to their juice (they won’t even notice the difference) .

4. Ladybird33 profile image67
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

I put them in smoothies, like carrots, broccoli, squash, put in the blender and make a great tasting smoothie.  I do this twice a week for my son.  Works so well.  Make sure you blend them, add sugar or splenda and anything else.

5. phoenixarizona profile image65
    phoenixarizonaposted 14 years ago

Ok I wrote a hub on this one so maybe check that out. Don't add sugar and crap to it thats just dumb. What kind of vegetables are you using? Are they fresh or frozen? How do you cook them? Do you steam or boil them?
    I found with all seven of my kids that if you steam fresh vegetables they are more likely to eat them (four out of seven were troublesome at the dinner table.)
    If youaren't winning there try cooking things like spaghetti bolognese, lasagne, quiches and stir fries.  With those just dice the vegetables up into very small pieces and cook away. If none of that works then, I would say you have a behavioural issue (by that I mean they just don't want to and would rather argue with you about it) Take a look at my hub http://hubpages.com/hub/help-my-child-wont-eat
    That might give you some good ideas
    Dont give up and good luck

6. dabeaner profile image59
    dabeanerposted 14 years ago

Smother them (the vegetables, not the kids) in gravy.

7. Lee Boolean profile image58
    Lee Booleanposted 14 years ago

here's what you do: pick up a really scrawny guy in a bar, take him home, entice him into the bedroom and let him undress, then you get the kids, point at him and say:"see, that's what you'll look like if you don't eat your vegatables!"

just kidding, don't actually do this

8. Vizey profile image59
    Vizeyposted 14 years ago

it is very simple. If you can make vegetable tasty, then they can be eaten by kids. for example, You can make fruit and vegetable chat. You can make Yogurt and add some vegetables in it. You can give incentives to your kids like money, chocolate etc.

9. mr.neutron profile image57
    mr.neutronposted 14 years ago

Mixed the vegetables with others nutrition food that kids love to eat. For example, slice and mixed vegetables with apple, banana, etc.

10. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 14 years ago

Eat your vegatables, you are not getting up from the table until you do!  There is no creative way or game that should be played to have your children understand what is good for them.   In time you wont even have to tell them because instinctively their bodies will crave what it needs.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)