What are your thoughts on telling lies, half-truths and tales and do you see any

1. LAURENS WRIGHT profile image51
    LAURENS WRIGHTposted 4 years ago

What are your thoughts on telling lies, half-truths and tales and do you see any effects on children

The world has told tales that are not true, added bigger lies and brought up children in homes of lies.  What do you think about telling lies, half-truths and white lies.  Do you believe any problems will arise as the children grow older, trying to tell truth from lies?

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image90
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 4 years ago

Well I think a little of two and a lot of one is the way to go. It works for me. If I told the absolute truth of what I thought I would not have a friend in this world and why would anyone like me? If you have on an ugly dress that makes you look fat, do you really want me to tell you that? If your dear old mother looks like death warmed over, should I say so? No, and I think love gives us an out on things like this. We should absolutely teach our children to tell the truth and put enough love in them to know when a half truth should be used to never hurt someone's feelings. I think my children are at least as smart as me and will not be hurt from this, but learn love.
    Tales? I am not sure what you mean but in fun I have heard many tales as a child and I knew they were in fun and not true. So that it is like writing here at HubPages; if people who read you think everything you write is about yourself; then who are we to correct them? They will believe anything!

working