jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Is a stay at home mom not worthy of pay? How do I make my own money?

1. Kirsty89 profile image60
    Kirsty89posted 3 years ago

Is a stay at home mom not worthy of pay? How do I make my own money?

How do you mothers with kids who are single, or who have a man that works constantly make a living at home?

2. WryLilt profile image92
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

Personally I write on Hubpages to make some spare money smile

1. Kirsty89 profile image60
      Kirsty89posted 3 years agoin reply to this

you do make a little money off of this?

2. WryLilt profile image92
      WryLiltposted 3 years agoin reply to this

A few hundred a month.

3. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 3 years ago

The answer lies within you. A stay at home mom is definitely worthy of her own pay and it is a must for your independence and security not to mention that of your children. I do not have children and don't want to have any but, I do know stay at home moms who create arts and crafts and sell them online and outside the home on their own schedules. Others have started their own home based businesses such as t-shirt and online sales companies. Some of these women have invented their own products for which they are paid.

Also think in terms of creating streams of income rather than having just one income source. MANY people got burned with having only one stream of income (a single job) at the start of the recession and many of them have yet to recover. Think about anything that you truly have an interest in and enjoy. Examples include: day care, consultant, proof reader, data entry (though jobs/gigs are scarce), customer service, writing and tutoring others via computer.

If your husband and you can agree on an amount, perhaps you can be directly given a portion of the household income to do with as you please as well. I can tell you after a couple years here on HP, I am earning more income now than I was at first. It's not a lot, but I sure like it and I know that you can do the same or more! It takes time to build up an income whatever the sources. However, it can be done. Be sure to create one and then another and continue doing what you need increase profits until you are satisfied.

4. My Bell profile image97
    My Bellposted 3 years ago

I got certified and started teaching fitness classes. Work out time was one thing that I've always carved out for myself so it really added no time to my day nor took away from my mommy duties. I get a free gym membership now and the best part . . I get PAID to exercise!

working