jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you agree that too much of love spoil a child?

1. m abdullah javed profile image78
    m abdullah javedposted 3 years ago

Do you agree that too much of love spoil a child?

We usually love our children but that in turn make them stubborn or indisplined, why it is so?

2. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 3 years ago

Lack of rules cause all that not too much love. We can't keep them safe if they are allowed to run wild because we don't want to make them think we don't love them enough.  It works completely opposite of that.

3. profile image0
    Daveadamposted 3 years ago

Honesty is always the best policy, & so we should explain to them exactly why we're punishing them until they've eventually got it..Also tell them that as they grow, they can & should learn how to control all of their own emotions & feelings properly....Then give them something they really love, & take it away from them for a week when & if they misbehave....So always show them love, but don't spoil them unless they deserve it....They have to learn that what they put out, they will get back....Also never ever lie, & say uncle so & so didn't really mean it if you know he did....Explain to them that you've just annoyed or upset uncle so & so in an attempt to help them learn to feel guilt, to show them how to behave properly....No slapping obviously, just a stern explanation of the "truth".  :-)

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

i spolit my son to become a brat. My hubby said i gave in to everything he demanded

5. Penny G profile image71
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

No not too much love, no such thing. Lack of structure , guild lines , and routine is mistaken for spoiled.

working