jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Now that you are adults have you and your siblings drifted apart?

1. Penny G profile image71
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

Now that you are adults have you and your siblings drifted apart?

2. mothersofnations profile image76
    mothersofnationsposted 3 years ago

Somewhat. There's only one that I prefer not to have a relationship with but as far as the others we still talk regularly and try to get together whenever possible (although it's hard for all of us to get together at the same time due to geographical distance.)

We all live separate lives but love each other no less. We try to keep up with at least the major things in life. But we also respect each other's space and individual lives & life styles. (Space!) lol

But we do have a blast on the rare occassions that we're able to get together! smile

Penny Gposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Sadly we usually come togeher for a sad or serious situation. Funeral, grave illness in family you know. I've tried to make the effort but it's not gonna happen…let it go, let it go…..

3. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 3 years ago

Unfortunately so. I think we all love one another but have various differences in our work/life balance, personalities, etc. that conflict and is multiplied by 3. This is common, love them no matter what though smile

So simular to our family as well. Nobody is mad just too many differences to be able to enjoy the simularities.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

My brother and I are still pretty tight. We see each other once every month or so and check in frequently via phone/Facebook/etc.

Sp glad I miss it so.

5. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

yes, definitely, both are like strangers, we hardly meet, only once a year, just HI and BYE, that;s it

We would have never thought as kids it would be this was would we. My times have changed.

6. mathira profile image83
    mathiraposted 3 years ago

Never. I am still close to my two brothers and  my only sister. They mean a lot to me. When I have any problems I immediately share it with them and when they have any problems they share it with me. We are all in our fifties and in this age you feel even closer to your siblings.

working