jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

If your parents have passed on do you keep their memory alive for your children?

1. Penny G profile image71
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

If your parents have passed on do you keep their memory alive for your children?

If you have lost your parent/parents before having children- what do you do to keep their   memory alive for your children?

2. Karen Ray profile image74
    Karen Rayposted 3 years ago

Talk about them - their likes and dislikes, family stories etc.

Penny Gposted 3 years agoin reply to this

We would have story time and I would tell of vactions things we did things he said, special time. Funny they thought later on that they remembered being there to enjoy these things. I guess I told the stories so well they they thought they were there

3. Joe Fiduccia profile image61
    Joe Fiducciaposted 3 years ago

In my case I disconnected from my father at a young age.  I never knew him past 10 years old.  And he is now no longer alive.  Most of the stories I share with my son are about my mom, who is still alive today.  But I'm taking steps now to preserve special moments, poignant moments, and even smaller things (like her awesome Pizza recipe) in a digital 'Footprint'.  So when she does pass, we'll continue to keep her legacy alive through the digital memories we stored.

Penny Gposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Wow wonderful idea! They'll love you for it for sure

2. Joe Fiduccia profile image61
      Joe Fiducciaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Penny!  If nothing else, I believe it'll help keep her legacy alive.  Because in my mind, it's one that deserves to be remembered.

working