jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

As a child, what is your fondest memory with your parents?

1. alexandriaruthk profile image77
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

As a child, what is your fondest memory with your parents?

.Did it help your relationship with your children?

2. shanmarie profile image78
    shanmarieposted 5 years ago

I don't know about any one fond memory, but I remember my mother sometimes playing games with us and our friends outside.  Games like hide and seek or spotlight at night.  I think of that today, and try to remember to spend some time just playing with my children as if I were another child myself.  I love to see the glee on their faces when I do.  Also, my family played board games together, which was enjoyable family time.

3. Toytasting profile image67
    Toytastingposted 5 years ago

As a child the fondest memory with my parents was the bed-time story. Every night before sleeping my parents used to read me an interesting story. These bed-time stories allowed us to share some time for family bonding. Today I find myself passing on the love for bed-time stories to my kids, I share so many special memories with my kids during this time.

4. DDE profile image22
    DDEposted 5 years ago

I have fond memories of my parents from childhood we were a close family back then, it was happy and fun-filled for me. We were always  spent time together, and I do remember the old tales my mother used to tell us a night was very good moments. It did help in raising my child, I share my childhood years with my child so he knows how good my childhood years used to be.

5. profile image0
    lesliebyarsposted 5 years ago

I live in Alabama and growing up we used to take vacations to Florida. Usually it was Orlando, Daytona or Panama City Beach.

6. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

I was born and live in Scotland and my fondest memories would have to be Christmas and the summer holidays. We didn't have much money at all but both these times were great fun and magical - I still treasure these memories today!

7. profile image0
    melafxposted 5 years ago

I remember the long walks through the woods or along the beach. These moments however simple they may be, remained in my memory forever. And it is these moments that I try to pass on to my children. I think the bond between parent and child has an obligation to include Nature. It is a perfect complement to happiness!

8. Ratihegde profile image60
    Ratihegdeposted 5 years ago

discussing stories with my dad ... yes it helped because i learnt to tell stories in an interesting way to my children smile

9. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 5 years ago

Growing up on a farm in the country creates many good memories, but the first one that comes to mind was the year we went to the county fair.  Most kids went every year to events like this, but it seemed every year hay season stopped us from going. We watched a demolition derby at the fair.  I must have been about twelve years old and although it was fun I never took my kids to the fair, but I did make sure we attended other festivities.

10. carolp profile image81
    carolpposted 5 years ago

Our traditional Sunday activities like going to church early in the morning with the whole family, after the mass we ate our full breakfast then prepare to go to the beach or a picnic in our farm or in our fishpond.

11. Flossydella profile image58
    Flossydellaposted 5 years ago

The fondest memory I had was when I opened a birthday package from my Dad who was in the military and I only see him once a year during his leave time, I opened this package and in it was chicklets, a book, and a tape. There wasn't any recorder books back when I was younger so he recorded himself reading the nursery book for my sister and I. The look on my Mom's face was priceless because she had no idea how creative he was. Seeing how my Dad thought about our family during work in a different state or country showed me dedication, sacrifices, and love he had towards his family, and I will take this memory and make sure I have the same dedication and love as well as sacrifices to my future kids.