What is the main reason, for the increase in gap, between the teens and their pa

1. chaitanyasaivb profile image77
    chaitanyasaivbposted 3 years ago

What is the main reason, for the increase in gap, between the teens and their parents?

In these days, we will find, many youngsters and teenagers, unable to communicate with their parents. Even, We will find, many parents, worrying about their children? So, What may be the main reason behind this?

2. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

Teens find that parents can't understand the way they rhink, their concepts, likes and ideas, most of all teens cannot agree wirh parents unless parents agree wirh rhem first. My teen in behaving this way

3. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

chaitany......It is not my observation nor experience that there is a "gap" between teens & their parents.  Certainly not any gap beyond the normal distance that teens and adults have, based upon age, experience and that which human nature dictates.
    If anything, in the young families today, I see a better bond and a more mature & more relaxed connection between parent and teen.  This generation of parents are more educated (I should explain that I'm a Boomer), more tolerant and much more "in-tuned" to the youth.  I believe because both parents work as well as share child rearing equally (not so in MY child rearing years)....this allows both parents to have unique relationships with their kids.  Teens are far more OPEN with their parents and that can be only beneficial to communication.
    I'll admit that my opinion is based on Now vs. Then.....but the "mental & emotional" gap was HUGE between parent and teen in my generation.  We were raised to be "seen and not heard"....compliant, obedient under any & all circumstances and there simply were "things you did not discuss with your parents  OR  in their presence."   No, it's not just my experience......talk to any boomer.
    I had a much closer, more realistic relationship with my sons than my parents had with my sister and I.....and I see that my sons have an even better connection with their kids....
    So...anyway...hope you can accept my comment and not be upset that I disagree with the premise of your question.  It's what I see & feel.