jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What are your worst childhood experiences?

1. DDE profile image27
    DDEposted 3 years ago

What are your worst childhood experiences?

Any childhood nightmares that you would like to share? The childhood years is supposed to be your best and happy years yet some have experienced many horrible events.

2. Sparklea profile image75
    Sparkleaposted 3 years ago

The death of my biological father, Oscar,  when I was 11 years old was a horrible time.  My twin and I  had been adopted by his parents (at age 2) because he could not care for us...although he visited often - he moved to NYC after our biological mother abandoned us.
    Our grandmother, his mom who was raising us, died four years later on our 16th birthday of a massive stroke.  She was never able to cope with losing her son (our father).  My sister and I never got to celebrate our sweet sixteenth year of life...our grandfather was difficult, blamed us for her death, said, "you drove your grandmother to her grave"...that was very traumatic because she had high blood pressure and teens are not easy to raise.
    Yet he loved us, and we lost him to cancer when we were 28.  To this day I miss my dad so much.  The Christmas before he was found dead in his apartment in NYC, he gave each of us a white teddy bear with a $50 bill tied around its neck with a ribbon.  I still have that bear and I often hug it and weep.  I loved my dad so much, but knew him so little, and have very few photos of him which I cherish. 
    Thanks for the question...a difficult one to answer, but the truth.  God bless, Sparklea

1. DDE profile image27
      DDEposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Sparklea blame is so hard and everything does fall apart in such experiences. Thank you for sharing this experience. It makes me wonder of how many others who had similar situations or even worse. I appreciate you sharing this part of your life.

3. mikejhca profile image93
    mikejhcaposted 3 years ago

Getting hit in the head by a rock, getting hit in the head by another rock and getting hit in the head by a large radio someone knocked off a fort. Three summers in a row I had to go to the hospital to get stitches because a kid broke my skull. Those are some of my worst childhood experiences. I remember being carried down my street, trying to breath and swallowing a lot of my blood. I also remember how painful it was to get stitches. Getting the stitches hurt more than getting hit in the head.

Another bad experience I had was with a large beetle. It bit me and would not let go until it was killed. The traumatic experiences I had as a child involved a lot of pain. Maybe that is why I have a high tolerance to pain now. The experiences were not that bad but I do have a scar between my nose and my eye. I could have been blinded or worse by that large radio.

working