jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Did you have kids who thought you couldn't see if you were on the phone?

1. Jackie Lynnley profile image89
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 3 years ago

Did you have kids who thought you couldn't see if you were on the phone?

I know I cannot be the only parent whose kids could become so unruly when I would get on the phone. It was as if I weren't even there! Were your kids like this?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12084049_f260.jpg

2. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

You mean rude kids in the phone? Nope my kids are rude infront if me nit thru the phone, got to save face in frint of friends

Jackie Lynnleyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

No I mean when my kids lived at home and I would get on the phone talking to a friend for example they would start fighting with each other or just have any kind of commotion going on that they would never do otherwise; it just never made any sense!

3. Ericdierker profile image57
    Ericdierkerposted 3 years ago

This has brought back memories and my current situation. I can honestly say that out of my 4 children all four did it. But I have them beat. I do it to my wife ;-) Turning on the TV and getting into forbidden foods seem to be the two favorites. But basically anything they can do that they would not get to do if they asked permission.
    Very fun question and I think a very common problem. My biggest problem is if I am really into talking on the phone, they get away with it!

I had to start explaining to whoever I was talking to that I had to put the phone down a minute to deal with them; so finally they saw the phone was not attached to my head just because I was talking on it! lol Glad to see I wasn't the only one!

4. Randall Guinn profile image78
    Randall Guinnposted 3 years ago

My brother and I would do that sometimes as kids, but boy would we pay for it afterwards.

Well maybe you could tell us then why you did that?! lol

2. Randall Guinn profile image78
      Randall Guinnposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Because once our mother got to talking on the phone, we knew that she would be on there for a while, we just didn't count on her remembering later on.

5. daydreamer13 profile image60
    daydreamer13posted 3 years ago

Haha, no you are not the only one! They want your attention as soon as they think you're not paying attention to them, no matter what. The good news is, they do grow out of it.

Yes; that is good news!

working