What lessons, or rules, were you taught as a child that you carried into adultho

1. realtalk247 profile image68
    realtalk247posted 3 years ago

What lessons, or rules, were you taught as a child that you carried into adulthood? Life lessons.

Raise your children.  Teach children to make life choices and decisions. 
    Do you remember lessons your mother and father taught you when you were growing up?  Let's hear the valuable lessons that you carried from your childhood into adulthood. 

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12100572_f260.jpg

2. Efficient Admin profile image93
    Efficient Adminposted 3 years ago

A few that come to mind are: charity, budgeting, and responsibility.

Charity: my mom always said it's better to give than to receive, to do things that help other people was always a good thing. I feel this has taught me to be less selfish.

Budgeting: my dad sat me down once with a piece of paper and pencil and drew a budget showing expenses subtracted by monthly income. It made me aware to try not to spend more than I make.

Responsibility: take care of your car and it will take care of you; chores like taking care of the dog (which didn't feel like a chore because I loved my dog); cleaning the bathrooms, cleaning dishes, and other housework taught me a sense of responsibility and how to keep a house clean.

working