If you were divergently different from your parents as a child, did they accept,

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

If you were divergently different from your parents as a child, did they accept, even nurture &

encourage your differences or were you ostracized, demonized, or marginalized by your parents as the unfavored,weird,or abnormal child that needed fixing either through them or by outside means such as religious or psychological authorities?Most parents have a specific/particular agenda & construct in which to raise their children.They have certain precepts which their children must adhere to if the latter wish to remain in the parental good graces.Those who follow such parental precepts are rewarded but woe to those who do not follow such precepts or are different psychology from the parent.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/11892471_f260.jpg

2. Anna Dove profile image60
    Anna Doveposted 2 years ago

If you were diver gently different from your parents as a child, did they accept, even nurture & encourage your differences or were you ostracized, demonized, or marginalized by your parents as the un favored,weird,or abnormal child that needed fixing either through them or by outside means such as religious or psychological authorities?
    Me as a child, yes I was different completely. They didn't accept me nor encourage my differences. But, they did scold me all the time and called me names and still do the same and act the same ways. But, they did put food in my belly and a roof over my head despite our differences. Do-did they love me? I honestly don't know the answer to that. Was I- Am I still the un favored child and weird to them? Yes. Do they think I need fixing by religious authorities in their eyes? Yes. Because I'm atheist and they're christian. Do I need psychological help in their eyes? Yes. They have always thought I'm crazy and loony. And completely insane. Yes, it hurts me emotionally so much that I need to let go of them. I have lost sight of my true self through the years. Before it gets worse, I would recommend letting your parents go and maybe consider not talking to them for a while until they change their ways. This is just my experience and my opinion on the situation at hand.

working