jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Why do teens think it is sexy to have pouty lips in photos?

1. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 2 years ago

Why do teens think it is sexy to have pouty lips in photos?

I see a lot of teens that are showing pictures and posing with pouty lips.  What is the reason for this?

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 2 years ago

The media teaches girls what is considered attractive to men. Look at the women who are considered to be the most beautiful women alive. None of them have thin lips. Girls want to be what they think men want. Sad, but true in my opinion.

Lady Guinevereposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I wonder who the person is who starts those kinds of fads and trends is?

3. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Because full pouty lips are seen as the ideal, Debra. Actresses like Kim Bassinger, Julia Roberts and Angelina Jolie for example. I don't think it is likely to chnge soon. Thin lips are not seen as attractive.

Lady Guinevereposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Than the question would be, do guys like to look at those pouty lips?

2. Jodah profile image91
      Jodahposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Short answer, Yes.

4. Moon Daisy profile image83
    Moon Daisyposted 2 years ago

Evolution-wise it's probably because features like eye and lip size are apparently linked to how much oestrogen a woman has in her body. 

So men are generally attracted to women with big eyes, pouty lips and a generally more attractive face  because they are likely to be more fertile.  And if women and girls know that this makes them more attractive, then they are more likely to highlight their eyes and make their lips look big.

Sad maybe, but true!

5. monia saad profile image75
    monia saadposted 2 years ago

They know very well what is more thing attracts men. They have discovered through media

working