jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Why are the 10 damaging effects on young adults (16 to 21 years of age) of havin

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

Why are the 10 damaging effects on young adults (16 to 21 years of age) of having overly

micromanaging, excessive strict, and/or helicopter/overprotective parents?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12384807_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Joshtheplumberposted 2 years ago

It's simple, really. If you want to live a long time, you don't touch kids. One of the side effects of a child NOT being prematurely exposed to sexuality is they develop quicker and fuller, increasing the temptation. One of the ironies of life. Live long and prosper or live short and have a good time. It's in our genes.

3. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

Inability to think critically - why learn it if mommy and daddy are going to solve all your problems?

Lack of responsibility or accountability, no need to be accountable when you have excuses made for you constantly.

Entitled mindset - when you get in the real world and realize no, not everyone actually is a winner. It can make you bitter and disappointed. The fact we aren't allowed to let our children compete I think harms more than helps.

Weakness - see above, no strength of character is developed if you can never do any wrong and never lose at anything.

You end up being a mommy instead of a wife (or daddy instead of a husband) to your spouse who has never learned to function as an adult and who is used to having everything done for them or dictated to them.

You perpetuate further cycles of being overbearing - your children will not be able to function or will resent you - either way you lose.

Lack of emotional maturity.  You can't develop emotionally if you have no freedom to take some hard knocks and learn empathy for others in the process.

Not being able to be proactive - you wait around for others to tell you what to do, no incentive to develop leadership skills or show any ingenuity.   

Becoming a bully or overbearing because you feel you are such a special snowflake due to being deluded that you are more special all your life. 

Loss of individuality.  Kids get shoved into every activity under the sun with no consideration given to their individual desires or needs - helicopter moms tend to also want to be "super moms" (and dads) who push their kids to excel at everything under the sun to feel better about themselves, or to use their kids as status symbols.

1. profile image0
      Joshtheplumberposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You are quite correct. Do you feel better yet? It's much easier to live and let live isn't it?
      I've already had this conversation with the master you know. He told me to reveal what I am revealing.

2. ChristinS profile image96
      ChristinSposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry Joshua I have no idea what you are talking about.  I do live and let live, discussing societal problems is how we learn and fix things though, not by ignoring them.

3. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Great answer!

4. profile image0

I know you do. And I wish there was a better way of putting this. God never answered these questions because he didn't want you to know what a coward he was. He liked your praise too much to show himself. I would rather you know the truth.

5. ChristinS profile image96
      ChristinSposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Still don't get it Josh sorry.  I'm also not a believer in God. I believe in humanity.

6. profile image0

Good. Because I met the guy. He's a prick. And to grace, I must apologize. Where I just came from, people who talk like you were talking are about to execute your children.

working