jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Who recognizes Father's Day?

1. clivewilliams profile image84
    clivewilliamsposted 2 years ago

Who recognizes Father's Day?

Good fathers are seldom recognized.

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

I don't believe that is true.  I see good fathers who are admired and respected regularly.  I also see that most people have nothing but disdain for "deadbeat dads".  I don't think we need a "Hallmark holiday" to show appreciation for good fathers.  I tell my husband regularly I am pleased by what an amazing dad and stepdad he is.  Most women will tell you that a man who is a good father is incredibly endearing.

clivewilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Love those words Christin Sander, it just seems like there is always more zest and enthusiasm when it comes to mothers day than fathers.

2. ChristinS profile image95
      ChristinSposted 2 years agoin reply to this

well, to be fair, we carry the offspring and give birth to it and for the most part are the one's expected to do much of the nurturing/caretaking aspects - so, I don't think dad's are discriminated against lol

3. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

Oh my goodness Clive......not true!!   Remembering back, my sister and I made Father's Day a huge celebration for our Dad.  He got gifts and special meals and made to feel like a King.  Sure, we were loving & respectful of him all the time, but Father's Day was special.

I will also have to say that from a very young age on, my children made sure their Dad was celebrated in some way.  Of course, the sweetest times were when they presented the Father's Day gift made in school.

Most all of the people I know make sure they do something to display their love and appreciation for their Dads.........I don't know why you say what you have said.    Are you a Dad?  If you are Clive, let me say, "Happy Father's Day" to you and I hope you enjoy this day however you choose!.......Peace, Paula

clivewilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

good for you and your sister

4. KrystalD profile image81
    KrystalDposted 2 years ago

I think the grass is always greener on the other side! Mother's Day and Father's Day are both given their due. Each family is different of course and this may account for why some celebrate one more than the other. Also, women are prone to enjoy gifts such as cards and flowers while men prefer other kinds of gifts. Therefore you may not see the explosion of cards and flowers for Father's Day that you see for Mother's Day. My dad always wanted a home cooked meal and maybe a movie date with me.
    There are no huge displays for this type of gift. I hope you and/or the fathers around you felt appreciated.

5. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 2 years ago

Good fathers seem to be recognized plenty. My facebook feed is filled with pictures of my friends with their fathers.

My biological father left when I was 10-years-old and my step-dad turned into an awful person when I was in high school.

So it appears that people with good fathers recognize father's day. People without them try to pretend it doesn't exist.

6. cperuzzi profile image97
    cperuzziposted 2 years ago

The politicians that voted it into being a holiday.

Closed to reply

working