jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Have you ever been addicted to a fictional obsession like many Twilight Fangirls

1. Misfit Chick profile image72
    Misfit Chickposted 2 years ago

Have you ever been addicted to a fictional obsession like many Twilight Fangirls? How did you deal?

I have tried to tackle this subject for the young adult (and older) portion of our population who still struggle with intense fictional obsessions over The Twilight Saga & Edward Cullen.

In fact, this is my latest post about it. I even include an email with a TwiMom who is still having problems with her obsession: http://misfitchick.blogspot.com/2015/08 … light.html

However, the issue is that there are few who will talk about their experience with obsessions. Twilight Fans especially feel silly because they get made fun of.

Grown-ups, these girls need HELP.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12621518_f260.jpg

2. Savannah Iraci profile image76
    Savannah Iraciposted 2 years ago

I was really obsessed with this one book series called Tiger's Curse. Not only was I obsessed with the smoking hot Indian prince, I was also obsessed with the story and the book itself. In all 4 books, the imagery is incredible! I would read that series over and over just so I could be in that "world" myself. I wanted to be in India with the characters, I wanted to go on the adventures with them.

I think over time I became less obsessed with the series by moving on to other books, and even writing books myself.
    I will still always love that series, but now I don't read all four books in 1 month like in the past wink

1. Deepti Rajvanshi profile image60
      Deepti Rajvanshiposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Even i am in love with this story & the movie ... Really romantic !!!

3. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 2 years ago

Mine would be Doctor Who.  I sometimes wish the Tardis would come and whisk me away.  My daughter want the same thing as well

working