Hi, In order to keep the kids joining from gangs, we need to follow the given points.
1) We need to spend our time with them in morning & evening hours, just as acting as a coach, practicing them different fitness exercises, sports, cycling & other activities.
2) In weekends conduct some painting, drawing, speech, quiz events, inspiring them to improve their skills.
3) Teach them the bad things & bad habits of street gangs, inspiring them hate such bad habits & activities & such type of gangs.
4) Join them in near by cultural activities, fitness, skills improving classes such that they feel themselves busy in their schedule while enjoying their education with all these things.
You will find Kids stuff here: http://www.learnunbound.com/online/kids … and-crafts
(1) Give your child individualized attention and care. Children who do not receive individualized parental attention and care will seek it from outside sources and most of those sources aren't going to be positive.
(2) Nurture and encourage your children's passions intellectually, academically, and culturally. Children who are involved in constructive activities aren't likely to join gangs and/or indulge in destructive activities.
(3) Have intellectual and cultural paraphernalia in the home. Children who have books and other intellectual forms of stimulation in the home environment won't have the time nor the inclination to join gangs.
(4) Stress the importance of education and achievement to the child so h/she know that h/she has a positive future.
(5) Nurture and cultivate the child's sense of individuality. Children whose individuality are discouraged at home will seek ways to assert his/her individuality and oftentimes this action will be negative.
(6) Before having children, parents should be prepared financially, emotionally, and psychologically as to provide the best environment for their children to flourish in.
(7) Have smaller families(1-4 children). Children in smaller families have the most socioeconomic, intellectual, and cultural opportunities. They also have the most individualized parental attention and care. Children in large families(6-more children per family) don't receive the prerequisite parental attention. They are oftentimes left to fend for themselves which oftentimes result in negative consequences.
Teach them what the Bible says based on the love we should have even for our enemies. This is a main teaching of Jesus that we should love and even pray for our enemies. Gangs would not exist because of the love and respect, we teach our children to have for others.
Simply provide your children with team sports opportunities and then allow them to become good at least in one sport. Indeed that will insulate them from gangs. Keep in mind I consider dance as a sport also. Irish step dancing served our daughters so amazingly and insulated them from many issues...
This won't be a politically correct answer but in my opinion the best way to keep kids from joining gangs is by not having them until you can afford to live in an upscale or safe neighborhood.
You never hear about gang issues in places like Newport Beach, CA, Laguna Beach, CA, Beverly Hills, Manhattan, The Hamptons, or lots of small suburban towns. Gang activity is usually found in impoverished areas. Be very selective about where you live!
Living in the worst house in the best neighborhood is better than living in the best house in the worst neighborhood.
For those whose ship has already sailed their only option is to do their best to keep them busy in positive activities (Boys & Girls Clubs, organized sports, medical explorers programs or similar educational type clubs that encourage education as a way to success, plant seeds of success in their heads by taking them to "the other side of town" to see how other people live and ensure them they can get there as well. Have them find a mentor or join a "Big Brother/Sister organization, visit college campuses.)
There are 24 hours in each day and you have to find something for them to do other than run the streets. However the best thing you can do is figure out a way to move into a better area.
In some instances parents instill more fear than the gang leaders. Strict disciplinarian parents have kept a lot of kids on a straight path.
Don't live in an area that has them! .................... ?
family bonding is important. A child who became astray is usually caused by family issues.
He would resort to joining gangs from meeting bad companies
by Kiylah 16 months ago
Mine is that children shouldn't be disciplined by spanking/being hit - what's yours?
by daydreamer13 5 years ago
How many children are considered too many for a couple to have?
by Grace Marguerite Williams 6 years ago
To those in large and very large families, did YOU ever wish that you were froma small family?In large families, parental involvement and individualized parental attention is little to almost nonexistent.Oldest/older children are often cast aside while the younger/youngest children receive...
by Therese Miller 6 years ago
How many children is too many?The Duggars are on their twentieth child and I think that if the Mother does not go through menopause soon we will be seeing a few more little Duggars around.
by Grace Marguerite Williams 2 years ago
Why are people from small families liberal, broadminded, & sophisticated in terms of culture & viewswhile people from large families are conservative, narrow-minded, insular/parochial, & backwards in terms of culture & views? Children from small families are exposed to...
by Melis Ann 7 years ago
It seems parents are very comfortable sending children for playdates or to camps during the summer. That level of comfort never came for me sending my kids. What do parents do to ensure safety or get over that fear?
Copyright © 2020 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
HubPages Inc, a part of Maven Inc.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|