jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

What is the appropriate age that children should possess prerequisite life and s

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

What is the appropriate age that children should possess prerequisite life and survival skills

such as street smarts and being able to do tasks such as cooking, laundry, cleaning, and being able to be at home alone?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12100175_f260.jpg

2. Rovert67 profile image60
    Rovert67posted 2 years ago

Ive always thought it should come as early as speaking. You have to let the child experiment with different skills and traits. When teaching kids you have to tell them why they should be learning these skills. That they want to *teach* not just put them on it as labor because the whole mentality of "i let you live here and pay for you , therfore you have to help around the house". Teach kids these skills as early as you can around 5 or 6 years of age and tell them why it is important. Also be consistent when teaching them skills dont just do it one time and except them to remember.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

THANK YOU!

2. Glenis Rix profile image100
      Glenis Rixposted 2 years agoin reply to this

My grand daugher - not yet two years old -  has fun helping her dad to clean the car. In the UK it is against the law to leave a child unattended at home if s(he) is under the age of 14. Experience has taught me that 14 is probably too young!!

working