jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How is it having depression and anxiety?

1. profile image60
    Ashton Lee Brownposted 2 years ago

How is it having depression and anxiety?

From my personal experience and living with this has been a hard battle. Its something that gets better but never goes away. You have to learn to cope with it. Depression and anxiety is something that will take over your life. I stayed in my bedroom for 2 weeks straight. I barely ate or drank anything. My mind kept telling myself to fade away & kill myself. Many things have happened through out the years but I am still here. I want anyone with depression and anxiety to fight through it. You are not alone.

2. letstalkabouteduc profile image99
    letstalkabouteducposted 2 years ago

You're right. It's something you'll probably deal with throughout your life. My depression started at menarche and reared its ugly head during college, after the birth of each child, and when my son was diagnosed with autism. Anti-depressants helped but never solved the problem. I think they made it too easy to avoid dealing with the deeper issues and avoid finding other ways to cope. Exercise has always been a huge help, but sometimes you lose interest in it when you're depressed.

3. Abundant old soul profile image81
    Abundant old soulposted 2 years ago

I have just fallen off the cliff. 60 y o. Was full of life. Have everything to live for, bit I just want the pain to go away. Started meds
    I can not fight any more. I have been sucked dry. Can barely use this to type. Don't want to die, but......I hurt so very much. Others have it so much worse, but I am living in me. I try to say the right things, I feel as if I am a fraud.

4. KEPitz1005 profile image61
    KEPitz1005posted 2 years ago

It pretty much sucks. Especially when you refuse to take pharmaceuticals prescribed because they make it worse in a lot of ways.

working