jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Why am I parenting my grand children at 55 ?

1. profile image60
    Julescain6posted 15 months ago

Why am I parenting my grand children at 55 ?

I was so close to freedom being  a parent of six . I was hoping my oldest daughter would get herself together after having kids . By together I mean of drugs . Now I am dealing with SRS and dirty diapers . I am praying that this will change her . It has changed everything in our life . It has brought us closer together as family . But pray everyday to give me strength in my mind and body to get through this .

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13268118_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 15 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13268164_f260.jpg

You (chose to do so) because you thought it was the {best} option!
    Apparently you didn't like any of the other alternatives available.
    Note: Having kids has never solved anyone's drug problems.
    Odds are if you knew then what you know now you may not have had children. These days they rarely grow up to be self-reliant and financially independent of their parents. An "empty nest" is a dream!

1. profile image60
      Julescain6posted 15 months agoin reply to this

Yes you are probably right . I myself got married very young and had three kids . Was divorced at twenty six . But I work hard and got two degrees . Kids today think they are so entitled . And play the blame game .

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 15 months ago

She cannot and should not takeover parenting until she's off drugs and ends the addictive behavior. You need to force her into drug treatment so that she can get her life together and take over parenting.
    Just taking in the children protects them but doesn't force the mother to reform.

1. profile image60
      Julescain6posted 15 months agoin reply to this

SRS says she needs to work because the kids need a home and food , clothes etc. They asked her to sign up for natcotics anonymous . And get anxiety medication . Mean while my husband and I fully support the kids because SRS says we don't need support

4. walmart cher profile image60
    walmart cherposted 15 months ago

if you hadn't had 6 kids, you would not be dealing with this.  the more kids you have, the less attention and care you can give to them, which often leads to low education levels, promiscuity, and drug use. even in religious families that have a lot of kids because g*d commands them to, you inevitably get a couple of bad ones in the bunch.  you did not set a good example for your daughter in terms of responsible procreation.

1. Carol Morris profile image87
      Carol Morrisposted 14 months agoin reply to this

I disagree with you.  Some people have only 2 kids and they don't pay any attention to them and others pay lots of attention to their kids which turns them to drugs and other ways of getting away from all that attention and stress.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
        gmwilliamsposted 10 days agoin reply to this

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/11852325.jpg

2. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 10 days agoin reply to this

@ Walmart Cher, A RESOUNDING THANK YOU, +1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000!  Girls in large families don't fare well.  Because they didn't receive adequate parental attention & supervision, they will gravitate towards.....NEGATIVE, even CRIMINAL activities.  You are succinctly on target in saying the larger the family, the less attention & higher incidences of neglect there is.  The mother has NO ONE to blame for her daughter's negative outcome but herself.  If she had a SMALL family, her daughter wouldn't have problems because she would have received ADEQUATE attention.   Thank you, Walmart Cher!  It is good to have intelligent minds who see the pathological dysfunctions of large families like I do!

working