16 and parents forced me to break up with my 19 years old bf. What should I do?

1. profile image61
    Bella16posted 8 months ago

16 and parents forced me to break up with my 19 years old bf. What should I do? We love each other.

My bf ask my parents in person if it's okay to date me and my parents agreed aslong as he will treat me right and he did. But a week later me and my parents had a huge argument and they forced me to break up with him but we both don't want to. He said he'll do anything to be with MRI tried explaining to my mum how I felt but she always talks about my biological dad and how scared she was that same thing might happen to me. My bf has a temper but I know he will never hurt anyone, whenever he has a temper he always stays away to not hurt no one and I don't know what to do. We're happy together.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13664335_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 8 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13664866_f260.jpg

Being a teenager your hormones are raging and your world is so small and uncomplicated that it's so easy to get wrapped up in someone. Very few if any people find their "soul mate" at age 16. More often than not people your age have yet to figure out who (they) are let alone what they want/need in a mate for life!
    Whatever you believe makes for an "ideal mate" at age 16 will not be what you want at 20, 25, 30. or beyond. The difference between being mature and immature is when we're young we lack the ability to think in terms of the (future).
    Everything is about right now!!!
    You said: "My bf has a temper but I know he will never hurt anyone.."
    Actually you don't know that! More often than not yelling, punching holes in walls, throwing things, and storming out are a prelude to physical violence in most abusive relationships.
    As long as you're living under your parents roof the best way to have a stress free life is to obey them.
    Once you go away to college, find a job and get your own place then you do whatever you please. However if someone is (providing) a roof over your head, food, medical/dental and so forth you're not in a position to be calling the shots.
    Several years from now when you have your own 16 year old daughter you'll understand.
    At this stage in life dating is best done for the fun of it. Odds are 50 years from now you and your boyfriend will not be celebrating any "golden anniversary".
    Truth be told when it comes to love and relationships most of us (fail our way) to success. Rarely does anyone hit a homerun their first, second, or third time up at bat.
    If this were not the case we'd be married to our high school sweethearts!

3. Joan King profile image73
    Joan Kingposted 8 months ago

How do you know he will never hurt you? Sometimes it pays to listen to your parents, they are not out to do you any harm and they know a lot more than you do at this stage.

working